Hi there,

I'm just wondering if there is any incentive to implement read/write methods in
the DataFrameReader/DataFrameWriter for delta similar to e.g. parquet?

For example, using PySpark, "spark.read.parquet" is available, but
"spark.read.delta" is not (same for write).
In my opinion, "spark.read.delta" feels more clean and pythonic compared to
"spark.read.format('delta').load()", especially if more options are called,
like "mode".

Can anyone explain the reasoning behind this, is this due to the Java nature of
Spark?
>From a pythonic point of view, I could also imagine a single read/write
>method, with the format as an arg and kwargs related to the different file
>format options.

Best,
Michael