Hi,

Thanks.

I believe that this is an error message coming from the MongoDB server itself. Essentially there are multiple instances of my application running at the same time. So with a single or small number of applications there are never issues. It's an issue when a sufficient number of applications are running.

I am not aware of how the MongoDB client manages connections. For example, is it leaving connections hanging (rather than closing them) after it pulls data from MongoDB? I do not know if there is a way to specify to individual running applications to limit the number of active connections to the database. The database instance is running on AWS' DocumentDB, so the only way to allow additional cursors is to upgrade to a larger instance type. This seems unnecessary since my concern is just the number of open cursors, rather than performance needs of the hardware itself.

Regards,