From: Amit Joshi <mailtojoshia...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 18 January 2021 15:04
To: spark-user <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: [Spark Structured Streaming] Processing the data path coming from
kafka.

Hi ,

I have a use case where the file path of the json records stored in s3 are
coming as a kafka
message in kafka. I have to process the data using spark structured streaming.

The design which I thought is as follows:
1. In kafka Spark structures streaming, read the message containing the data
path.
2. Collect the message record in driver. (Messages are small in sizes)
3. Create the dataframe from the datalocation.

kafkaDf.select($"value".cast(StringType))
  .writeStream.foreachBatch((batchDf:DataFrame, batchId:Long) =>  {

//rough code

//collec to driver

val records = batchDf.collect()

//create dataframe and process
records foreach((rec: Row) =>{
  println("records:######################",rec.toString())
  val path = rec.getAs[String]("data_path")

  val dfToProcess =spark.read.json(path)

})

}

I would like to know the views, if this approach is fine? Specifically if there
is some problem with

with creating the dataframe after calling collect.

If there is any better approach, please let know the same.

Regards

Amit Joshi