As Sean said I believe you want to be setting

spark.ui.retainedJobs   1000    How many jobs the Spark UI and status APIs
remember before garbage collecting. This is a target maximum, and fewer
elements may be retained in some circumstances.      1.2.0
spark.ui.retainedStages 1000    How many stages the Spark UI and status APIs
remember before garbage collecting. This is a target maximum, and fewer
elements may be retained in some circumstances.    0.9.0
spark.ui.retainedTasks  100000  How many tasks in one stage the Spark UI and
status APIs remember before garbage collecting. This is a target maximum, and
fewer elements may be retained in some circumstances.        2.0.1

To lower numbers. If i remember correctly this is what controls how much
metadata remains in the driver post task/stage/job competition.