Hi,

This may look like a redundant question but it comes about because of the
advent of Cloud workstation usage like Amazon workspaces and others.

With IntelliJ you are OK with Spark & Scala. With PyCharm you are fine with
PySpark and the virtual environment. Mind you as far as I know PyCharm only
executes spark-submit in local mode. For yarn, one needs to open a
terminal and submit from there.

However, in Amazon workstation, you get Visual Studio Code
<https://code.visualstudio.com/> (VSC, an MS product) and openoffice
installed. With VSC, you get stuff for working with json files but I am not
sure with a plugin for Python etc, will it be as good as PyCharm? Has
anyone used VSC in anger for Spark and if so what is the experience?

Thanks

   view my Linkedin profile

such loss, damage or destruction.