I did not see your message in the moderation queue, not sure why. Indeed
you should send to user@, not to individuals. Your message is here now.
Do you mean Spark 3.2.0? yes it is on Janino 3.0.16. You can use things
like "mvn dependency:tree" on the project build to see dependencies, by the
way.

That does not seem too old, but there are newer versions. Janino is
intended as an internal dependency for Spark, and I suppose there has not
yet been a reason to update it.
You are welcome to open a pull request that tries to update to the latest
version, to see if it works.
You didn't say what the problem is though.