hi Team,

I wanted to understand how spark connects to Hive. Does it connect to Hive
metastore directly bypassing hive server?. Lets say when we are inserting
data into a hive table with its I/O format as Parquet. Does Spark creates
the parquet file from the Dataframe/RDD/DataSet and put it in its HDFS
location and update metastore about the new parquet file?. Or it simply run
the insert statement on Hiverserver (through jdbc or some other means).

We are using Spark 2.4.3 and Hive 2.1.1 in our cluster.

Is there a document that explains about this?. Please share.

Thanks,
Venkat
2016173438