For 1), this is a recurring question in this mailing list, and the answer
is: no, Spark does not support the coordination between multiple Spark
applications. Spark relies on an external resource manager, such as Yarn
and Kubernetes, to allocate resources to multiple Spark applications. For
example, to achieve a fair allocation of resources on Yarn, one should
configure Yarn Fair Scheduler.

Databricks seems to have their own solution to this problem (with the
multi-cluster optimization option). For Apache Spark, there is an extension
called Spark-MR3 which can manage resources among multiple Spark
applications. If you are interested, see the blog article:
https://www.datamonad.com/post/2021-08-18-spark-mr3/
>From the blog:

*The main motivation for developing Spark on MR3 is to allow multiple Spark
applications to share compute resources such as Yarn containers or
Kubernetes Pods.*

We have released Spark 3.0.3 on MR3, and Spark 3.2.1 on MR3 will be
released sometime soon.
If you are further interested, see the webpage of Spark on MR3:
https://mr3docs.datamonad.com/docs/spark/

--- Sungwoo