Hi All,
In 1 of our cluster , we enabled Istio where spark is running in
distributed mode.
Spark works fine when we run it with Istio in standalone mode.
In spark distributed mode , we are seeing that every 1 hour or so the
workers are getting disassociated from master and then master is not able
to spawn any jobs on these workers , until we restart spark rest server.

Here is the error we see in the worker logs:

*ERROR CoarseGrainedExecutorBackend: Executor self-exiting due to : Driver
spark-rest-service:44463 disassociated! Shutting down.*

For 1 hour or so (until this issue happens) , spark distributed mode works
just fine.

Thanks
Deepak