Hi all,

I am learning about the performance difference of Spark when performing a
JOIN problem on Serverless (K8S) and Serverful (Traditional server)
environments.

Through experiment, Spark on K8s tends to run slower than Serverful.
Through understanding the architecture, I know that Spark runs on K8s as
Containers (Pods) so it takes a certain time to initialize, but when I look
at each job, stage, and task, Spark K8s tends to be slower. Serverful.

*I have some questions:*
Q1: What are the causes and reasons for Spark on K8s to be slower than
Serverful?
Q2: How or is there a scenario to show the most apparent difference in
performance and cost of these two environments (Serverless (K8S) and
Serverful (Traditional server)?

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Truong