Can’t you attach the cross account permission to the glue job role? Why the
detour via AssumeRole ?

Assumerole can make sense if you use an AWS IAM user and STS authentication,
but this would make no sense within AWS for cross-account access as attaching
the permissions to the Glue job role is more secure (no need for static
credentials, automatically renew permissions in shorter time without any
specific configuration in Spark).

Have you checked with AWS support?