Hi Mike,

I'm not sure about the minimum requirements of a machine for running Spark.
But to run some Pyspark scripts (and Jupiter notbebooks) on a local
machine, I found the following steps are the easiest.

I installed Amazon corretto and updated the java_home variable as
instructed here
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/corretto/latest/corretto-11-ug/downloads-list.html
(Any other java works too, I'm used to corretto from work).

Then installed the Pyspark module using pip, which enabled me run Pyspark
on my machine.

-Sadha