Hello Team,

We are building one application using spark where we are creating DataFrame
using few parameters, column_name, position and column_datatype. For
column_datatype we are doing the mapping from SQL Server Data Type to Spark
Struct Data Types.
Upon checking from the Datatype documentation:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-ref-datatypes.html
we found that CharType() and VarcharType() data type are present which
accepts the max length of characters for the field as a parameter.
However, whenever I am trying to create the Dataframe using I am getting an
error related to Char/VarchaType:
*java.lang.IllegalStateException: [BUG] logical plan should not have output
of char/varchar type: LogicalRDD*
The error is resolved when I am using StringType there, but our requirement
needs a validation of max characters in the field.
Can you please suggest on this?

--
Thanks and Regards,
*Souvik Saha*