Hello!
I am using Spark 0.7.3 with python version.  Recently when I run some spark
program on a cluster, I found that some processes invoked
by spark-0.7.3/python/pyspark/daemon.py would capturing CPU for a long time
and consume much memory (e.g., 5g for each process). It seemed that the
java process, which was invoked by
java -cp
:/usr/lib/spark-0.7.3/conf:/usr/lib/spark-0.7.3/core/target/scala-2.9.3/classes
...  , was 'competing' with the daemon.py for CPU resources. From my
understanding, the java process should be responsible for the 'real'
computation in spark.
So I am wondering what job the daemon.py will work on? Is it normal for it
to consume a lot of CPU and memory?
Thanks!

Best,
Shangyu Luo