Shay, we've done this at Adatao, specifically a big data frame in RDD
representation and subsetting/projections/data mining/machine learning
algorithms on that in-memory table structure.

We're planning to harmonize that with the MLBase work in the near future.
Just a matter of prioritization on limited resources. If there's enough
interest we'll accelerate that.

Sent while mobile. Pls excuse typos etc.