Hi Andrew,
     Thanks for your example
I used your command and i get the following errors from worker  ( missing
codec from worker i guess)
How do i get codecs over to worker machines
regards
Rajeev
13/12/26 12:34:42 INFO TaskSetManager: Loss was due to java.io.IOException:
Codec for file
hdfs://hadoop00/tmp/ldpc_dec_top_2450000_to_2750000.vcd.sstv3.lzo not
found, cannot
run
at
com.hadoop.mapreduce.LzoLineRecordReader.initialize(LzoLineRecordReader.java:97)
at
spark.rdd.NewHadoopRDD$$anon$1.<init>(NewHadoopRDD.scala:68)
at
spark.rdd.NewHadoopRDD.compute(NewHadoopRDD.scala:57)
at
spark.RDD.computeOrReadCheckpoint(RDD.scala:207)
at
spark.RDD.iterator(RDD.scala:196)
at
spark.scheduler.ResultTask.run(ResultTask.scala:77)
at
spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:98)
at
at
at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
13/12/26 12:34:42 INFO TaskSetManager: Starting task 0.0:15 as TID 28 on
executor 4: hadoop02
(preferred)
13/12/26 12:34:42 INFO TaskSetManager: Serialized task 0.0:15 as 1358 bytes
in 0 ms                                      13/12/26 12:34:42 INFO
TaskSetManager: Lost TID 22 (task
0.0:20)                                                         13/12/26
12:34:42 INFO TaskSetManager: Loss was due to java.io.IOException: Codec
for file hdfs://hadoop00/tmp/ldpc_dec_top_2450000_to_2750000.vcd.sstv3.lzo
not found, cannot run [duplicate 1]

Rajeev Srivastava
Silverline Design Inc
2118 Walsh ave, suite 204