thanks for clear answer, it really helped

-----Original Message-----
From: "Harsha"<st...@harsha.io>
To: <user@storm.apache.org>;
Sent: 2014-12-02 (화) 22:51:29
Subject: Re: is there a way for kafka spout to read from written zookeeper
offset

if you set spoutConfig.forceFromStart=true it will cause KafkaSpout to ignore
the existing offsets stored in the zookeeper and starts reading from the
beginning of the queue.  It makes sense to have it in for the first time you
deploy the topology and for the next runs ( kill and redeploy topology) make
sure you turn off the forceFromStart.