I’m currently looking at ways to leverage the Storm HTTP APIs to monitor the
health of our storm cluster and a running topology in particular. I can get all
the statistics I need when I know a particular topology ID, parsing the json
returned from a URL like:
http://servername:8080/api/v1/topology/production-topology-1418162192 with our
existing monitoring apparatus.
The problem is that I can’t setup a fixed URL for our monitoring systems
because Storm builds it’s own ID from the topology name: name + nonce. As it
stands, I'd need to write code to list all running topologies and parse out the
one I’m interested in, requiring a an application layer I don’t want to write
at the moment. Is it possible to override Storm’s appending the nonce, forcing
it to use the specific ID string I want?

thanks in advance

sheldonwh...@comcast.net