From: "Nick R. Katsipoulakis"
<nick.kat...@gmail.com<mailto:nick.kat...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 9:07 AM
To: "user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>"
<user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>>
Subject: Distributed logs coordination

Hello all,

I came across the following issue in my cluster and I would like to share it
with you, in case you have any proposals/solutions:

I am running my Storm (0.9.2) application in a 5 node cluster. Each bolt is
assigned randomly to one of the available workers and during execution, each
worker logs performance information. However, it seems that the clocks of the
machines I am using are skewed (some of them have minutes difference between
them). For instance, each bolt logs a number of events and also the some custom
performance metrics. However, when I try to plot all of the bolts' metrics in
one graph (let's say latency), I see that the time lines are not identical.

How can I overcome the skewed clocks problem in order to have a single time
line of events happening in my cluster? Is there a way that I can have all my
bolts get a time-stamp from a single source? Any tutorials on using the metrics
framework that comes with Storm?

Thanks,
Nikos

--