Hi Team,

I am trying to understand ParallelismHint in Trident Topology but somehow
not getting anywhere close.. It will be great if someone can help me....
Also, kindly explain the difference between MasterCorrdinator and
SpoutCoordinator...

Things that i have tried so far:

a. I created a simple trident topology with following configuration.. When
checked the UI, i see --
     $mastercoord-bg0    1 1

     $spoutcoord-spout0
<http://stresscpe-fxbo-15.xhqa.comcast.net:8080/component.html?id=%24spoutcoord-spout0&topology_id=TridentWordCount_StreamHint-5-1429630502>
1
 1
     __acker                  3  3
     b-0                         4  4
     spout                      1  1

      topology.newStream("spout1", spout).parallelismHint(2)
      .each(new Fields(new String[] { "sentence" }),
      new Split(), new Fields(new String[] { "word" })).parallelismHint(4);

Query:  Ideally i should see 2 executor for spout and 4 executor for bolt..
i can see proper setting for bolt but not for Spout

b.  then i modified my code to create another topology with following
configuration to increase spout count. But, no changes were observed in
spout count
     $mastercoord-bg0    1 1

     $spoutcoord-spout0
<http://stresscpe-fxbo-15.xhqa.comcast.net:8080/component.html?id=%24spoutcoord-spout0&topology_id=TridentWordCount_StreamHint-5-1429630502>
1
 1
     __acker                  3  3
     b-0                         2  2
     spout                      1  1

         Stream st = topology.newStream("spout1", spout)
     .shuffle()
     .each(new Fields("sentence"),
        new Split(), new Fields("word")).parallelismHint(4);
   st.parallelismHint(2);

Regards,
Nitin Kumar Sharma.