Please note that it is just our team's approach.
We install Storm by Ansible, which sets up configuration files, too.
Based on Ansible, we're maintaining symbolic link which points last
installed version of Storm. It means that we install clean version of Storm
for each upgrade, and change symbolic link to newly installed.

Btw, Storm 0.9.5 only contains storm-core bugfixes, so you would be safe to
just replacing storm-core file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)