Hi,

I was using storm-0.8.2 so far in my project. I am starting to evaluate
storm-0.9.*. I found a difference in the way storm-core(0.9.4)
/storm(0.8.2) jar has been packaged. I am not an expert in this packaging
concept. So I thought of taking some advice from the experts.

In storm 0.8.* jar, I find the transitive dependencies maintained
separately in $STORM_HOME/lib directory, i.e. the dependencies such as
http-core, commons-io, etc. are maintained separately in the lib directory.
Storm jar had only the classes related to storm. With such a design we were
able to upgrade these dependencies when we had to integrate another third
party component in our topology (by replacing older versions of jar in
storm lib with newer versions used by the third party component).

In storm 0.9.4, I find that some of the transitive dependencies of storm
are packaged within storm-core jar file. If we encounter a situation when
we have to upgrade an individual transitive dependency how should I go
forward?

Could you please share your thoughts about the same?

Thanks,
Richards Peter.