Crina - I haven't used the Cassandra bolt, but in the past I have been able to
import the current version of connectors like that into my project and use them
directly.  In other words, if you copy the external/storm-cassandra directory
into your project you will likely be able to compile it and use it directly.

From: Crina Arsenie <arsenie.cr...@gmail.com<mailto:arsenie.cr...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 7:47 AM
To: "user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>"
<user@storm.apache.org<mailto:user@storm.apache.org>>
Subject: storm cassandra integration

Hello,

I was planning to integrate Cassandra with a storm project I am working on. I
am using the latest version of storm (stable 0.10). But then, I researched and
the component storm-cassandra from external composites of storm is available
only starting the master branch of github so not with this version.

Therefore, I tried to search for a storm-cassandra component before and I found
the https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra
<https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra%200.3.1> (latest stable 0.3.1).
Then I had problems using this as it does not use the latest version of storm
(but old 0.8.1 one), neither of Cassandra (1.1.2 instead of current 2.2.3), and
the worst part that gave me headache before understanding the errors I had when
integrating this was that it was compiled under java 1.6!
So my question is if do you think I can find at this current state a proper way
to integrate Cassandra bolts ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Crina