Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:31:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Connecting Storm Output to Node.js app
From: br...@resolvingarchitecture.com
To: user@storm.apache.org

Have you tried https://www.npmjs.com/package/kafka-node
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Patrick Wiener <patrick.wie...@web.de> wrote:
Have you considered using Redis?
You could hook up Storm with Redis (e.g. through Jedis) and using Redis built
in pub/sub mechanism for data retrieval from within Node.js

Regards,Patrick
Am 23.02.2016 um 19:47 schrieb david kavanagh <david_...@hotmail.com>:

Hello,
I currently have Storm up and running on two Ubuntu VM's. I have Stormpulling
data from a database on a MySQL Cluster and now I am trying to figure out a way
of getting Storm and a Node.js app on a remote VM communicating. I have tried
to use a Kafka Topic to store the output from Storm so the app can connect to
the topic and gather the data, but i cannot get the KafkaBolt to work as it
should. I have tried everything i can think of but no luck. Is there another
way of getting Storm to connect to a remote Node.js app? I have searched
exhaustively online but cannot find anything. If there are some tutorials i
could be pointed to that would be great.Any help at all would be greatly
appreciated.
Kind RegardsDavid

--
Warm Regards,
Brian TaylorResolving Architecture .:.330-812-7098