I think elasticsearch-hadoop has a good number of options to tune and those
are documented well too.
(See
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/configuration.html
)

One thing I see in favor of the elasticsearch-hadoop is that it provides
batching without Trident.
This could be a very good thing for someone not using Trident.

ES-Hadoop also does a node discovery of all the ES-nodes and then writes
data to only primary shards (which avoids a jump from replica-shards to
primary-shards).

ES-Hadoop supported routing until 2.x version of ES and there is a bug to
make it work in 2.x version as well.

ES-Hadoop also provides a good support of time-based index-rolling which is
great for logging-type use-cases.

Some more features include authentication, SSL, proxy etc.

I haven't looked much closely into storm-elasticsearch to see if it
provides the same functionality.

We should compare the above features and run some performance tests to
compare the two.

Disclaimer: I am just a simple user of ES-Hadoop and not associated with it
in any way. Would love to switch to some other bolt if its better or more
performant.