hello!
from storm perspective, regarding window functionality, storm 1.0 will add
the implementation for window bolt. there is a verry good article regarding
on hortonwork what kind of functionality is provided. please have a look at
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/14171/windowing-and-state-checkpointing-in-apache-storm.html
i hope that it helps.
regards, florin
On Wednesday, March 30, 2016, Maria Musterfrau <daniela_4...@gmx.at> wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Daniela
>
> Gesendet: Montag, 28. März 2016 um 21:06 Uhr
> Von: "Maria Musterfrau" <daniela_4...@gmx.at>
> An: user@storm.apache.org
> Betreff: Combining group by and time window
> Hi,
>
> I have a stream with time series data from different regions. I would
like to group the stream by the different regions and to add up the values
of the last minute (time window) per region. The sums should be persisted
to Redis or something like this.

> I already found out that Storm Trident provides a group by function to
split the stream. I think this could be useful.
> Storm core provides time windows, so I could use it for the aggregation.
>
> But how can I combine these two components? Or is this not possible?
>
> Would it be useful to do the grouping already in Kafka (with different
topics) or is it better to do it in Storm