Hi Kevin,

I have a similar issue with storm 0.9.6 (see the following topic https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/storm-user/201603.mbox/browser).

It is still open. So, please, keep me informed on your progress.

Denis

Le 14/04/2016 15:54, Kevin Conaway a écrit :
We are using Storm 0.10 with the following configuration:

  * 1 Nimbus node
  * 6 Supervisor nodes, each with 2 worker slots.  Each supervisor has
    8 cores.

Our topology has a KafkaSpout that forwards to a bolt where we transform the message and insert it in to Cassandra. Our topic has 50 partitions so we have configured the number of executors/tasks for the KafkaSpout to be 50. Our bolt has 150 executors/tasks.

We have also added the storm-graphite metrics consumer (https://github.com/verisign/storm-graphite) to our topology so that storms metrics are sent to our graphite cluster.

Yesterday we were running a 2000 tuple/sec load test and everything was fine for a few hours until we noticed that we were no longer receiving metrics from Storm in graphite.

I verified that its not a connectivity issue between the Storm and Graphite. Looking in Storm UI, the __metricscom.verisign.storm.metrics.GraphiteMetricsConsumer hadn't received a single tuple in the prior 10 minute or 3 hour window.

Since the metrics consumer bolt was assigned to one executor, I took thread dumps of that JVM. I saw the following stack trace for the metrics consumer thread:

---
antivirus Avast.