Which "storm.yaml" file did you change? Each supervisor has it's own
copy of it (at least usually; or do you have a NFS and storm.yaml is
shared over all nodes in the cluster?), and you need to change it in all
of them.

Not sure, why the value of your Config object did not get picked up...
Did you try "topology.worker.childopts", too?

-Matthias