I would recommend against this.  Storm will automatically run multiple
threads for you, especially if you have more than 1 executor / worker.
Every time data transfers between workers, it must be serialized and
deserialized.  On the other hand, if you have larger workers and one goes
down, your topology will have to do more work to recover.