Hi!
  Storm UI should give you a bird overview of the topology behavior on your
cluster. For different tools and techniques for finding performance issues
and fine tuning I recommend to read the book "Storm applied" the chapters
that covers these subject.
https://www.safaribooksonline.com/

They will help you to better understand the storm at its core and
methodologies to use it at best. These framework is not easy, it requires
time to digest,.

I hope it helps.
 Florin