I have one more question.

Based on some tests,  some workers totally shut down and re-run, which
means each task lost all the data.
Some workers do not shut down and are resumed after rebalance, which means
each task keeps the data.

So, I assume Storm has some capabilities to distinguish them based on input
parameter for rebalancing.
What is the condition to decide this?

Thanks,
Junguk