Hi All,

I am still very new to Storm and am looking at implementing a topology at
the company I work for. I am seeing some odd behavior though in version
1.0.1. Mostly I see that the number of tuples acked is greater than the
number of tuples sent out. This is happening on the default stream and is
not including the __ack* stream.

The topology is very basic as I'm just testing things out. Currently it is
a kafka spout with 1 task/executor/ -> 2 data transformer bolt instances
with 2 executors. This bolt acks on all tuples and emits a tuple that has
the input one as an anchor. The next bolt gets the tuple from the first
bolt and acks on them.

Is this a common thing? What causes this behavior? Any help or insight
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach