Hi Cheney,

Replays happen at the spout level. So if there is a failure at any point in the
tuple tree (the tuple tree being the anchored emits, unanchored emits don’t
count), the original spout tuple will be replayed. So the replayed tuple will
traverse the topology again, including unanchored points.

If an unanchored tuple fails downstream, it will not trigger a replay.

Hope this helps.

-Taylor