Hi,

I'm using an older version of storm (0.9.4) and flux so I'm not sure this
will work on newer versions.  I also don't know anythign about
FluxShellBolts.  That said I put "topology.metrics.consumer.register" in
the config section of flux file. Yes it's a hack.

config

  topology.metrics.consumer.register:

  - class: "com.company.GraphiteMetricsConsumer"

    parallelism.hint: ${topo.metrics.graphite.parallelism}

Then I let the code do the rest.  Below is a quick grep of some relevant
files.

grep -ir topology.metrics.consumer.register *

storm-core/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/Config.java:    public static final
String TOPOLOGY_METRICS_CONSUMER_REGISTER =
"topology.metrics.consumer.register";

storm-core/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/Config.java:        List l =
(List)conf.get(TOPOLOGY_METRICS_CONSUMER_REGISTER);

storm-core/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/Config.java:
conf.put(TOPOLOGY_METRICS_CONSUMER_REGISTER, l);

storm-core/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/daemon/StormCommon.java:
List<Map<String, Object>> registerInfo = (List<Map<String, Object>>)
conf.get(Config.TOPOLOGY_METRICS_CONSUMER_REGISTER);