Hi Folks,

We have been using storm for sometime now and it servers our purpose very
well. The nature of our business is such that, we process high volume of
data during only certain hours of the day, the rest of the time it receives
very low volume of data and sometimes it completely sits idle, receiving no
data at all. Since our infrastructure is on AWS, we are paying by the
hour.

Ideally what i would like is automatic scaling and downsizing of storm
supervisors depending on the traffic it receives. I am wondering if anyone
of you guys have experienced something similar and have implemented an
auto-scaling de-scaling method. If so, how are you going about it? what
applications are you using to achieve it?

Thank you for you time!

-shashank