Hi,

If you are on Storm version 1.1.0 or above you should be able to see
consumer lag in Storm UI when you look at a topology that contains a Kafka
spout. You can use your browser's developer tools to see the URL for the
consumer lag endpoint, it will be ending in /lag. If you want you can run
the same code manually via https://github.com/apache/
storm/blob/master/bin/storm-kafka-monitor, which will be in your Storm
installation's /bin. An alternative is to use the kafka-consumer-groups.sh
script in your Kafka installation's /bin, which I believe can also show
this information.

I'm not sure we have a messages per second built in, but Storm UI can show
number of tuples emitted/acked for the previous 10 minutes, and you could
probably derive messages per second from that. I think you can get the
source metrics via the metrics API if you don't want to go via Storm UI,
take a look at https://github.com/revans2/incubator-storm/blob/
88de24a5afd99df28c4fe304eafa5d53473a46c2/docs/Metrics.md.