You probably want to look into using something like daemon tools to monitor the
processes.  nohup works, but it is not really a good solution.  Storm is fail
fast.  If we hit any exception that we don't know that we can recover from the
process will exit on the assumption that it will be relaunched and we can
recover from the state we have written to disk/zookeeper.  Having a tool that
will monitor and relaunch storm is the best way to keep it up and running.

- Bobby

On Friday, August 4, 2017, 8:29:12 AM CDT, M. Aaron Bossert