From: ravi kiran puttaswamy
Sent: Sunday, April 1, 2018 5:28:06 PM
To: user@storm.apache.org
Subject: Cgroup enforcement support for ubuntu 17.04

Hi all,

    I am trying to configure cgroup on an ubuntu 17.04 machine. I am following
the instructions provided at :
http://storm.apache.org/releases/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/cgroups_in_storm.html

    Ubuntu does not seem to allow mounting multiple subsystems onto the same
mount point. When I try to use the setting
<snip from /etc/cgconfig.conf>
        mount {
        cpu = /cgroup/storm_resources;
         cpuacct = /cgroup/storm_resources;
        memory = /cgroup/storm_resources;
        }
</snip>

However I get the following error :
<snip>
    ubuntu@rput-ub-stdaln ~> sudo cgconfigparser -l /etc/cgconfig.conf
    Error: cannot mount cpu,cpuacct,memory to /cgroup/storm_resources: Device
or resource busy
    cgconfigparser; error loading /etc/cgconfig.conf: Cgroup mounting failed
</snip>

I tried to mount the subsystems manually with the mount command, and I get the
same error.

So I wanted to know if Cgroup enforcement is supported on ubuntu 17.04. If so,
can you please provide the right way to setup cgroup?

Also I believe the semantics of how Cgroup operates is in version 2 changes.
Does the current implementation in storm support cgroup v2?

thanks and regards,
ravi