Hi,
I am using storm 1.2.1, Kafka 0.10.2.1 and storm Kafka client 1.2.1, with
Kafka client 0.10.2.1.

I am able to run topology and able to read messages from Kafka but When I
go to storm ui and click on my topology name, it shows me "Loading topology
summary" message for a minute or so and then shows me all topology stats
with one table "Topology spout lag error" and message is "*unable to get
offset lays for kafka. Reason:
org.apache.kafka.shaded.common.errors.TimeoutException: Timeout expired
while fetching topic metadata.*

It's been few days I am trying to get to bottom of this problem but no luck.

Can't see any error in ui log, only log I see that it's trying to access
/<topologyid>/lag end point and that's it.

I try to get offset from same topic outside Strom Topology by writing a
consumer in java and I can get the correct offset. Not sure what's wrong
when running as topology using KafkaSpout from strom Kafka client 1.2.1.

Does anyone have idea about it and any explanation on how topology spout
lag works.

Thanks in advance
Ravi