Hi,

We are using *apache storm 1.2.1*. We have spouts which keep polling queues
which contain input messages for us. My question is, how can I delay my
nextTuple() calls on the spout thread when there are no input messages
available in the queue. Does storm provide an exponential backoff mechanism
for such scenarios? If not, can I implement my own exponential backoff by
calling org.apache.storm.utils.Utils.sleep() function? I am worried if
ack() or fail() calls come on the spout thread when it is sleeping, can we
face some sleep interrupted exceptions?

Thanks,
Jayant Sharma