Hi,
Right now we have a bolt task that is in back log, i.e. ~10 hours behind
processing the data.
There was a bug and we have the fix which will speed up drastically.
I think if I kill the topology (to deploy the fix), I will definitely lose
those events been processed by the bolt, is that correct?
How about if I just de-activate the topology, will the bolt still processing
the events, and only spouts stop receiving the events?
I wish there is a way to increase the parallelism for the bolt at run time,
because even we don't deploy the fix, but if there are multiple instances of
that bolt running, it'll still speed up. Is there a way to do so (we run
v1.1.1)? Or perhaps there is a better solution for our case?

Thanks,
zainal