Hi Harish,

As far as I know,  storm doesn’t have encryption between daemons (nimbus<—>
supervisor, supervisor<—> supervisor) at this point. Yes we should be able to
use SSL enabled thrift. But it is hard (at least for me) to say how much work
is needed without looking into it. Contribution on this is very much welcome.

By the way, for inter-worker communication, you can use
BlowfishTupleSerializer:
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/storm-client/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/security/serialization/BlowfishTupleSerializer.java#L32

<https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/storm-client/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/security/serialization/BlowfishTupleSerializer.java#L32>

But it has a great impact on performance. So you need to evaluate throughly
before using it.

Thanks

-Ethan