Dear Community,

I have three questions regarding Joins in Apache Storm. For those, I`d like to
use the Stream API.

The documentation provides an example where a windowed stream A is joined with
a non-windowed stream B. So I assume that the window is built on stream A and
all tuples from B that are arriving within the window time are then joined with
the ones from A.

1. However, I found that it is possible to join two non-windowed streams as
well and in a small demo set-up, I receive results as well. But how can it be?
Without a window, the tuples from A and B would have to arrive at the exact
same timestamp in order to get joined. Or am I wrong here?

2. Is the output of a join of a windowed and a non-windowed stream again a
windowed stream? I would assume that since I would expect groups of joined
tuples.

3. What is the right way to join three streams? I think, that one window
configuration is enough. So the pseudocode would look like:
streamC.join(streamB.join(windowedstreamA). However, this raises a punctuation
error.

Looking forward for your responses,
Best regards,

Roman