Quick update:

The ASF Board voted to accept both our report and the resolution to change PMC
Chair. Board feedback on our report was positive.

The next step is to expand the the PMC/Committers group. Official votes will
necessarily be private, but I see no reason nominations can’t be public.

So lets open a thread to talk about adding new contributors to the PMC. Feel
free to:

1. Volunteer to support the project as a PMC Member/Committer..
2. Nominate someone become PMC/Committer

I have a few candidates in mind, and will follow up accordingly. Votes for new
members will be private, but successful votes for new members will be announced
on the public lists.

One important way to contribute is to volunteer as a release manager for any
given release, even if we release infrequently (e.g. only in response to a
serious bug or security issue. I don’t have the bandwidth to act in that role,
though I will commit to support voting on releases, etc. Ideally we would want
at least two folks ready to step into that role, but we can get by with one if
necessary.

Thanks again to everyone who’s expressed interest in contributing to the
project.

- Taylor