Don't think its relevant at all in this case ;-)

Imho it is only relevant, If there are blacklisted supervisors, so you have an
idea that something might (!) be odd, ie only logging in that case. Will reduce
the flood of (useless) information significantly.

Gruß

Am 1. Oktober 2023 13:19:30 MESZ schrieb Alexandre Vermeerbergen
<avermeerber...@gmail.com>:
>Beyond the weird message, my question was also on whether or not it's
>relevant to log an INFO message every 10 seconds.
>
>Disclaimer: I tend to like the idea that logs are to help understanding issues.
>
>By definition, INFO level means no issue.
>
>I understand that at process startup, a classic pattern to print
>version and startup date&time information logs, but I have hard time
>understanding the interest of logging INFO every 10 seconds just to
>say "hey, everything works"... maybe am I wrong to worry about that ?
>
>Kind regards,
>Alexandre
>
>Le dim. 1 oct. 2023 à 11:32, Richard Zowalla <rich...@zowalla.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it is the result of printing an empty list, see [1]. The log would contain
>> the ids of blacklisted nodes.
>>
>> Maybe we can just add a check (> 0 | not empty) before actually printing the
>> Message. Wdyt?
>>
>> Gruß
>> Richard
>>

>> [1]
>> https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/storm-server/src/main/java/org/apache/storm/scheduler/blacklist/BlacklistScheduler.java#L197
>>

>> Am 1. Oktober 2023 10:09:47 MESZ schrieb Alexandre Vermeerbergen
>> <avermeerber...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Using Storm 2.5.0, i just realized that in nimbus.log, I have the
>>> following message every 10 seconds:
>>>
>>> 2023-10-01 08:02:01.607 o.a.s.s.b.BlacklistScheduler timer [INFO]
>>> Supervisors [] are blacklisted.
>>> 2023-10-01 08:02:11.794 o.a.s.s.b.BlacklistScheduler timer [INFO]
>>> Supervisors [] are blacklisted.
>>> 2023-10-01 08:02:21.824 o.a.s.s.b.BlacklistScheduler timer [INFO]
>>> Supervisors [] are blacklisted.
>>>
>>> It's the same on all my Storm clusters.
>>>
>>> Given that the log has INFO severity, it's maybe intentional; but
>>> first, the message is kind of bizarre (shouldn't it be "no supervisors
>>> are blacklisted"), a second, this looks like a kind of logs flooding,
>>> isn't it ?
>>>
>>> (posting to users@storm to get some feedback from other users, not only dev)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alexandre