I'm not familiar use the use of Hooks, but looking at the documentation
<https://storm.apache.org/releases/current/Hooks.html>  and the Javadoc
description
<https://storm.apache.org/releases/current/javadocs/org/apache/storm/hooks/IWorkerHook.html>,
if you wanted to define hooks in storm.yaml you would need to have the
binaries of your hooks available at the Storm shared libs level, which
would be a hard dependency and the hook might not make sense outside the
context of a certain topology.