I believe when Jon says "log4j" he refers to log4j2. Log4j2 is yet another
successor to log4j, which claims to solve issues in logback. I wasn't able
to discern a difference without log4j's usage of Disruptor (3.x).

Michael Rose (@Xorlev <https://twitter.com/xorlev>)
Senior Platform Engineer, FullContact <http://www.fullcontact.com/>
mich...@fullcontact.com