You can also write your own scheduler and assign your non-thread-safe bolt
tasks to different worker processes. Then, use the EvenScheduler to
schedule the rest of the tasks. But note that EvenScheduler will not assign
any other tasks to those worker processes (the ones that you assigned).
There is a tutorial at
https://xumingming.sinaapp.com/885/twitter-storm-how-to-develop-a-pluggable-scheduler/