"Any problem in computer science can be solved with another layer of
indirection." (David Wheeler)

You could setup the spout to read it's list of sources from somewhere, add
to that list when a request comes in, then remove completed sources from
that list in your sink.  Or you could use a separate app to read from the
sources on request and pile that info into a queue like Kestrel for a storm
spout to read from.