Hi,

I am running a topology using Storm (version 0.9.1),on a cluster of 3 nodes
(3x4=12 slots). My topology has 1 spout(parallelism=2),bolt A
(parallelism=2),bolt B (parallelism=1) and bolt C(parallelism=1).Number of
tasks (numTasks) for each component is default(1).Number of workers is set
as 5.

Given above scenario,when I submit the topology,I can see 5 slots are used
up and 7 are free (out of 12).But still one instance of the spout and bolt
C are going to the same worker slot (e.g port 6703 of node 1). Shouldn't
Storm be ensuring that components are assigned to distinct unused slots as
long as there are empty slots available? Or is there some configuration
that I have missed or misconfigured here?

I have pasted the screenshot of Storm UI below for reference.

Thanks
Bijoy